Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June 10th, 2013

Hey family! Destin, satan is definitly a jerk. i know what you mean. Mom and dad, not sure when my flight is.. but if i am not mistaken,  i leavefriday the 5th from peru and will get there saturday in the afternoon on the 6th. they havent bought my flight tickets yet so i dont actually know the details. Dad, super happy with you for following my wise advice. good. i looooove the pics. a little jealous actually, its freezing where i am at. i am cold. Rach, i cant wait to hang out with your kids!!!! 
Here is what is happening, my comp and i are in san jeronimo, cusco, in president calderons ward. we live with hna martinez, my bff here on the mish, and hna black, a new sister from provo who got here this week. We had the change meeting on tuesday, everyone was surprised i wasnt going home haha. then, wednesday, we had a reunion with all the sisters in the mission and talked about dress code and hair and make up, it rocked! there are about 40 sisters on the mission at this point. Then thursday we had the reunion of leaders of the mission, its no longer just for the zone leaders, but them and the 4 sister missionary leaders. so then friday, we got to start working. my comp and i have half the mission, and the other companionship has the other half. we have to visit every companionship this month, we made our own travel plans and have to talk to President today or tomorrow to get it all approved. We will be traveling just the two of us, and possibly sometimes with president. But, we still have our sector and have to have good numbers and have a goal of two baptisms this month. 
umm, what else, my pensionista is awesome. she is really.... strict, but cool. she is teaching me how to eat correctly hahha, i might come home with ulcers, but with better manners. so thats the good part hahaha.
carmen our convert from puno was in the sacrament meeting yesterday and brought her boyfriend who lives in our new sector who is  not a member!!! we were soooo excited to see her here in cusco! my companion and i gave talks yesterday, in front of President and Elder Hooker, who is a 70 of area, so a little nerve wracking, but i really enjoy giving talks so it was good. 
You know, I am really happy where i am at. i keep thinking because i extended i have a lot of time left, but then my companion reminds me i only have about three and a half weeks left. I forget i dont have much time, there is so much to do now! I feel like i have a long time left. I am excited to see how this last month plays out.
I love you all soooo much, thanks for your letters and love, ill see you sooon.
ps do grandma and grandpa know a jan and lee lyon? Elder lyon is my Zone Leader and told me that his grandparents know grandpa and grandma Rowe, which, wouldnt surprise me at all considering they have connections everywhere.
 Mission Home

 Leaders conference

 Cuzco

 Terminal at transfers

 Mary and her comp

 Some of the hermanas

 A family they are teaching( ?)

 All the sisters in the mission

At transfers

No comments:

Post a Comment