Monday, January 2, 2012

2nd letter from the MTC

Hey!


Okay so this week has been much better over the last few days. I have
gotten to know my hermana companions and I really get along with them so
that is going great. My district is fantastic, and sometimes I have to
laugh because it's so funny to see myself surrounded by Latino Elders, it's
a lot like have body guards all the time. I very much love all of them and
they are all so patient with me.

So apparently in the TRC - you are normally with members and just share a
spiritual thought, but my entire district is teaching an investigator from
california and she does not speak english at all. It was amazing because as
I sat and listened to her story, I just felt an overwhelming love for her.
I couldnt say much but I said the closing prayer and in the prayer asked
Heavenly Father to bless her family and her and started crying because it
was so strong. and then after the prayer I told her that heavenly loves her
and her family very much and he wants to bless them. that was the first
lesson we had with her and then yesterday one of the elders burst into
tears telling her he knew family's can be together forever. Very sweet.
Anyway, it was just very different from the role play we do in class to say
the least. I am not very good at those, I get so nervous because I know my
teacher is like, evaluating me plus I get so confused on the conjugations,
I can't seem to seperate them. Oh well, it's only been a week, and
apparently despite my efforts, the lord wants me in the field in 2 weeks.
So, I guess that's where I'll be. :)

I leave the MTC on the 28th, and will be here on christmas. we are supposed
to have an awesome devotional, but they wont tell us who is speaking! I
love the MTC choir, it is a blast and a half. all the solo sisters that I
have talked with all feel like we are best friends because we understand
eachother. Every single one of them told me " it gets better after a  week,
I stopped crying after the first week" and its true. I am feeling much
better about everything, and I very very much loved all of your letters,
please keep sending them. I'll write a more detailed letter for you Momma.
:) I love you all! I am out of time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment