Monday, January 2, 2012

Mary's first letter from Peru

 
 Okay Family and friends!

I will try to answer all of your emails, but I am only allowed to send one mass email to everyone. I am sooo glad I had the opportunity to speak with all of you on thursday!!
It is so crazy here, my companion is Hermana San Francisco, she is from Chile and does not speak english. It is not too cold, it's like fall weather here all the time. The rough part is that we dont have heat, or hot water, the toilet is broken, and we dont have lights. We have a pencionista who does our laundry and our cooking, and she rocks. I love her food! My comp and I get aloing, but I dont speak that well and she doesnt speak English, so its a little tricky. Sometimes I know what's happening, sometimes not. Sorry the keyboards are a little different and I dont have time to fix it!

There are tons of dogs here, and yesterday a dog came out of nowhere and bit me! We weren't sure if he had rabies, so I had to go to Hermana Marias house she is our pencionista, and she studied nursing. She got me all cleaned up. Awesome. Also, yesterday, we saw a drunk man in the street passed out cold. So cool. On New years, there were soooo many fireworks it was unreal! But we had to be inside but we could see some of them, it was more fireworks than I have ever seen! The entire city has HUGE fireworks andf everybody is lighting them off.
My comp has been out 13 months, she does most of the talking. I felt like I was going to pass out all the time the first few days because of the altitudew,but its better now. Except when we climb a hill. We are in a little ward, not branch, and my comp and I live in a room, and that room is in a house with non members. It's weird, it's like, we have to go through their house to get to our room. President Calderone is Peruvian and does not speak English. Apparently I am in a rich area, but I would have never guessed. People are great.
We taught a die hardcatholic lady and I love her. She hates the missionaries, and the last sisters dropped her, but I love her and we have a second appointment. The spirit was so strong, I love it. I want to contact everyone, but I dont know what to say yet but I try to say what I can. We are very high in the mountains.
Okay I have to go, i love you all! Sorry the grammer is nnot the best, I can't figure out this keyboard! I tried to answer all of your questions, but I just dont have time! It's so busy! love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment