Monday, January 2, 2012

Mary's 3rd letter from the MTC

Hey momma!

my district loved the cookies, they said it was like a party in their
mouths. a few of them had never tasted anything like it and went crazy for
them! The spanish stuff is helping for sure, but it is hard to get the
language down. out of everything that is what is the most frustrating. I
still feel like i am in the wrong class, but hey. this is how it goes. :)

funny story. so sundays here are interesting. everyone has to write a talk,
and then they randomly call someone to speak. Everybody is telling me I am
golden, that there is no way i'll speak because they had all been here for
6 weeks and not been called. All of my roommates all wrote full two pages
worth word for word for their talk, and I had 4 basic points and one
scripture because I had spent most of my time preparing the lesson that I
had to teach that day also in spanish. anyway, who did they call to speak?
of course, the solo sister in the advanced district. i am pretty sure there
is a huge target on my face and everybody loves to pick me to see why I am
the special white blonde hermana who spends all her time with the natives.
I couldnt help but just laugh the rest of the day because Heavenly Father
must have some reason behind making me a target, I just havent figured it
out yet.

I love you all! oh also, I'll try to buy Destin some ear muffs and send
them to you to send to him. also, I would like jill's address, dani's
address, and I would andrew's address. My p-day is on thursday, but this is
my last one because I leave wednesday.

flight plans : we have to be at the travel office at 4 am on wednesday the
28th, the plane leaves at 7 am, and we are flying to Atlanta, and then
straight to Lima, and then we'll probably get on a plane to cusco, but it
doesnt say anything in our travel plans about anything after Lima. so we'll
find out. :) I have to go! love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment