Thursday, July 19, 2012

Letter #22 from Mary

Hey Daddy! HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!! I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!  I hope
Fathers day rocked, even though your favorite child is serving in Peru. 
But I miss you and I thought about you all day! I hope it went well, one
more fathers day, and I come home right after! I am just sending this to
you, can you forward this to mom and rachel, and david and the family?

This week was a really busy week! I got a new companion, hermana Ayala,
and she is the best comp ever. I absolutely adore her. She is from El
Salvador, but lived in Costa Rica. We are in Cusco right now but just for
today! we go back to puerto maldonado tonight. This week, we had our 2
weddings, and the two couples got baptized saturday morning. The fifth
drank the night before, so we are going to keep working with him. It was
amazing to watch the two couples bear their testimonies, there is a joy
that comes from bringing others to the gospel that cant be explained. Right
after the baptisms saturday, we got on a bus to Cusco for the recital.
There were about 1000 people there, and it was amazing. There were three of
us that sang solos and sang together, and it went really well. Well, except
for the fact that I had to start the first song, and got lost for about 5
seconds, and it was the longest 5 seconds of my life. I was super
embarrassed, but I found my place and picked it back up.

Also, yesterday I had the chance to go to attend the ttio ward, my first
area. Jose, our investigator who only looked at the ground, and who had
made so much progress and then i left to puerto, he and his pareja got
married, and he blessed the sacrament yesterday. I could not help but cry
as i heard him pray. He has truly had a complete change of heart in his
life, i have never seen anything so drastic, and its all because of the
gospel. The lord truly blessed me to be able to see the fruits of my labors
yesterday, and i am so grateful. most missionaries do not get that chance.
What a blessing.

Life is good, I love you all, i´ll try to send a picture soon of the
mullet. It rocks. you will love it. The church is true.

Hermana Swartz.

No comments:

Post a Comment