Thursday, July 19, 2012

Letter #24 From Mary

Hey family! it sounds like everything is going really well in utah these
days. I love hearing about how Boston is in tumbling! oh my gosh, i wish i
could see him running around. Man i have some cute nephews and a super cute
niece. So you guys had the driest summer ever huh? I have to say i miss
dry weather just a little. And Mckenna is getting married, and Jessica had
her baby!!! oh my gosh! that is awesome. What did she name the baby? That
is great that Kevin and Jill are grandparents! wow, thats weird that kenna
is getting married. so weird. I didnt get destin´s email this week, and
can you please PLEASE tell me about the shoes!? this is the 3rd week i have
asked, and nobody has told me what i need to do.  i need replacements!!!!
please look into that today! and let me know what i need to do. i am almost
positive there is a warranty, and both pairs went out after only 6 months.
nope. not acceptable. please let me know please let me know please let me
know. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Okay, now the good stuff. We had a baptism on saturday, Klebert got
baptized! it was really awesome. Klebert has 4 daughters and all are
baptized and his wife is a member too. He gave his testimony and said that
he had listened to countless numbers of companionships of missionaries, and
never accepted. other times, he shut the door in their faces. He said he
was so grateful to me and hermana caicedo, he said that we were the only
ones who were able to touch his heart. Its so strange, because we had no
idea that he had been dificult in the past, he seemed to us like a golden
investigator because we didnt have a registro, a teaching record. wow, that
took me and an english elder about 3 minutes to remember how to say
registro in english haha so funny. anyway, anyway, its interesting because
i know that it will be the same with some of the people we had to drop,
that one day, some of them will accept the gospel, they just arent quite
ready yet, or are waiting for the right person to explain the gospel in a
way that they can understand.

Also we went to visit Jorge, who was our first baptism out here in puerto,
he has sort of been flailing lately with the gospel, skipping church, and
we just felt like he was different. So yesterday we went to go talk to him
to figure out what was going on with him. At first he was really closed
off, but then opened up about how whenever he does something good,
something bad follows. He said, i know if i pray today and read my
scriptures, tomorrow, bad things will happen. and it true, he told us all
of the bad things that happen right after he makes a good decision. He said
he is not happy at this time in his life because he knows he is making bad
decisions, and he knows the gospel is true, but whats the point in praying
or going to church if horrible things follow. We explained to him that yes,
there are times of trial. But that we are here to be tried, and tested and
the people that remain faithful in the times of trial are the people that
recieve the blessings. We have to stay strong. I told him he needed to
repent, and come back if he wanted to be happy. its not easy to be a member
of the church of Jesus Christ, but it is worth it.

The gospel is true. I am so grateful to all my friends and family who have
sent letters, i love hearing about all the things i am missing. Its
interesting looking in from the outside, and watching how quickly life
moves. I love the gospel, I am working hard to be exactly obedient, my
companion is so great! I love the mission, I love peru, I love the
people, I love the gospel.

Love Hermana Swartz.

No comments:

Post a Comment