Thursday, July 19, 2012

Letter #25 from Mary


DAVID, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I didnt forget your birthday, I just forgot to TELL you happy birthday last pday, but I thought about you all day! all the elders in my district wore their american flag ties and put up flags all over, and we had soda to celebrate being americans, and the latinos celebrated with us. some of them even know the pledge of allegience haha. we are all very very patriotic hahahaha. man, the states. how i love being american.

yes the strap broke, I just took them to get them repaired on friday, and they are working great. its only about 24 soles, like 10 dollars to fix both pairs, so they should be good to go. Thanks for responding though :) holy cow, Mckenna looks incredible! i cant believe she is married. super wierd.

Okay here is the update with me. I got a call on saturday morning from president Calderon, the mission president that i was flying out to cusco at noon because there was another musical conference, and he wanted me to sing again. so i flew out from puerto to cusco, and stayed the night in the mission home, my comp stayed with the others sisters in puerto. Then I went to church in the morning, and right after church they put me on a combi to sicuani, its a 2 hour bus ride thats jam packed with people. so fun. so i get to sicuani around three, we have practice at 4 until 6 and then at 7 we performed. THere were about 700 or 800 people there. I sang sigueme again with hermana martinez, and this time I was the soloist for the song his hands, in spanish obviously. and i didnt forget the words this time!!! There are three of us that are going to be traveling all over the mission to do the musical presentation. Elder Galvez on piano, Hermana martinez is the choir director, and sings the duet with me, and I am going to be singing. We are going to Quillabamba, Valle sagrado, Puno, Abancay, puerto maldonado,  all over. Its really fun, but its not so fun traveling on bus for hours and hours, so it was cool to fly in, much easier. I just got back about an hour ago from cusco, and am back in puerto for pday. Its really a gorgeous presentation, there are tons of members, and investigators, and the missionaries are coming out of it with people with baptismal dates. its awesome.

I hope everything is going well back in utah! sounds like there have been a lot of fires... wow!   its strange how quickly life moves. especially when I am watching from the outside hahaha. Well family, I LOVE being a missionary, I have been so blessed to be here at this time. I feel like the Lord has just taken my hand and lead me to the places where I would grow the most, and where I would find the most joy. I love you guys so so much! miss you all tons, but I know i am exactly where i am supposed to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment